Stanly STEM Early College High School
311 Park Ridge Road
Albemarle, NC 28001
Dear Early College Students and Parents,
Welcome to the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year! The faculties of Stanly STEM Early College and Stanly Early College are excited to welcome our new and returning students for the 2019-2020 school year. This is an exciting year of opportunity for the early college programs in Stanly County. Stanly County has created Stanly STEM Early College to expand the opportunity for more Stanly County Students to earn their associates degree and high school diploma. Stanly STEM and SEC will be collaborating with Stanly Community College to help develop the positive career and college readiness skills and credentials your student will need to be successful in the 21st Century. When your student became a part of our early college family they became a part of some of the highest performing schools in North Carolina. Here are some highlights of what early college students accomplished in Stanly County during the 2018-2019 school year:
- 91% of our graduates graduated having earned their high school diploma and Associates Degree! All of our students graduated with over 50 hours of earned transferable college credit.
- Stanly Early College students completed approx. 950 total college classes at Stanly Community College during the 2018-2019 school year earning over 2,500 hours of transferable college credit.
- The 2019 graduating class was awarded over 1.6 million dollars in college scholarship money.
- Our students in all grade levels completed over 6,000 hours of community service hours during the 2018-2019 school year
- Stanly Early College was the only public or charter school in Stanly County to earn an A on the 2018-2019 North Carolina Schools State Report Card. Overall, we exceeded growth in all of our state assessments and met growth on our state report card.
- Stanly County was approved by the North Carolina legislature and NC Department of Public Instruction to expand early college opportunities by opening Stanly STEM Early College on the campus of Albemarle High School for the 2019-2020 school year. Each year approximately 100 Stanly County 9th graders will be eligible to attend one of the two early colleges in Stanly County
If you are a current 8th grade student or the parent of an 8th grade student, the application process to apply for entrance to Stanly Early College and Stanly STEM Early College begins in January. Links to our application will be available on a our school website and on our school Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/STANLYSTEMECHS
Principal Kevin Adams
Stanly Early College and Stanly STEM Early College